2013-02-19 19.05.53

Project Life 2013: Week 7

I’m a little late to the party this week but hey, at least I got it done! To be honest, last night I was ready to throw in the towel on this whole project. I’ve been really disappointed with my spreads over the last week not turning out how I imagine them, but I knew coming into this that finding my PL style would take time. I still haven’t found it, but after finalizing this week’s spread I’m a little more optimistic than I was yesterday.

Click images to view larger. Sorry that the lighting and photo quality suck this week (slash every week). If you want to gift me a DSLR so I can stop having these problems, I won’t turn it down. I’m jus’ sayin’.

All of last week’s photos are either from Valentine’s day or the weekend. On Valentine’s Day I woke up bright and early for a 6 am Crossfit class, where I ripped some callouses off my hand. No, not on purpose. As a result of doing a bunch of toes-to-bars. Later that afternoon I visited Briseis and her class at school, and that evening I invited my friends TJ and JK over for dinner. I cut out a 6×4 piece from a paper bag Emma received Valentine’s gifts in from daycare and stapled her favorite Valentine to it — TOY STORY! Last weekend I tried my hand at arm-knitting (no pun intended). You can see the final result of that project here. I used a silver sticker tag from JoAnn Fabric to annotate this week’s date; the washi tape on the photo of Briseis and her friends is from Michaels; and the BFF badge is something I found in Briseis’ art desk, actually. I have no clue where it came from.

Madden’s 3rd tooth came in over the weekend, so I grabbed a “primary teeth” chart off Google and noted this milestone. Emma has a tough time actually sleeping during nap time on the weekends (but does fine during the week at daycare, go figure) and when I went to check on her Saturday I found her lying on the floor in a pile of glitter, ripped up cardboard, hangers, and stuffed animals. She’s one crazy ginger, that Emma. The “Like a Boss” stamp (barely detectable in these photos) is one I custom made, and the same one I used last week. I love the photo of RJ with all three kids lined up, right in the middle of a tickle session. I wish I could have attached audio to this photo. Washi tape on this photo is from Michaels, as is the washi tape on the black and white photo of Emma and Briseis.

**Psst! I’m sharing this post over at The Mom Creative’s PL link up!

divider
All photos taken using Canon PowerShot ELPH 100 HS or my broke-ass iPhone (<— neither of those things are fancy at all, which means you can do this project, too!).

This spread uses PL Photo Pocket Pages Design A (here). All photos are mine. All journaling cards are from the Clementine Core Kit.

View other Project Life 2013 entries here

2 Comments

1. Project Life 2013: Week 8 February 26, 2013

[...] week I talked a little bit about how Project Life had started to become a discouraging project for me over the last few weeks, so this week I tried a totally different look and [...]

2. [...] spread is the inking of Madden’s feetsies (check out how I documented his new teefies in Week 7′s spread). He will be 11 months old in just a few days, and has already mastered walking. He took his first [...]

Leave a Reply