Project Life 2014 | Week 28

I finally got to play some major catch-up toward the end of last week and over the weekend, which means I’m all caught up. FOR NOW.

Project Life 2014 | Week 28 // Kelsey, Esp. blog

WEEK OF | July 7 – 13

WHAT HAPPENED THIS WEEK |  I’m betting a whole bunch of crap happened this week but the only thing that really matters was that this week was ANNIVERSARY WEEK!

Monday night Shannon and I had drinks at Tim’s Rivershore, a badass bar on the bay and the location of our first-ever flirtation last summer. I guess you could say that Tim’s is where it all began. Except it kind of started back in March of last year at CrossFit. ANYWAY. While we were out for drinks a bunch of stupid shitty drama happened and we ended up having to leave early and it kind of tainted my mood for the entire rest of the week, hence the “BLAH” 6×4 and the “feeling meh” 3×4 above it.

This week also marked the beginning-ish of my new early-morning WOD-in-the-front-yard routine, which I really haven’t been very good about since then…oops. But I’ve been WODing after work for the last couple weeks sooooo…that still counts. (Read more about my thoughts on making time to workout.)

ANYTHING SPECIAL THIS WEEK | Besides Anniversary Weekend, which I’m working on documenting in its own mini album, nothing extra special this week. Unless you count Madden slurping up ice cream from the kitchen floor. But that’s kind of SOP around here…

TECHNIQUES USED THIS WEEK | Ummm…a teeny tiny bit of hand-stitching with that wood veneer ↑ up thrrr ↑. Stickers directly on top of pockets, and writing directly on photos.

OVERALL THOUGHTS | YES. White space is my fave, guys. And it totally works in this week.

SUPPLIES USED | PL Photo Pocket Pages Design APaislee Press Week In Review Cards; Paislee Press Pictures & Words No. 9 Caylee Grey handwritten weekly title card; my own hand-drawn chevron/herringbone-ish card; patterned scrapbook paper sized to fit pockets; and embellishments from Studio Calico Project Life Kits.

MORE PROJECT LIFE
:: 2013
:: 2014                

5 Comments

1. Kristen August 4, 2014

I actually sort of love doing Project Life in big chunks. At the end, I’m like, darn, I did a great job. And then am immediately behind again.

I really dig your white space, like you said. It makes the few colors stand out and not look cluttered or overwhelming. Love the black and white images, too.

2. andrea August 5, 2014

yes. yes. yes. I just love your pages.
    Especially that “this week: feeling…” card. I had no idea how to use that stamp but I really like your idea.

3. Fiona August 6, 2014

I love all the white space. I’ve been so inspired by your pages that I’ve started putting together a PL layout, which is kind of amazing. Sorry your drinks ended badly. You are so awesome, getting up so early to fit in your work out! And, that photo of Madden? I totally thought he was imitating you and doing push ups! Ha!

4. nedonelson August 8, 2014

Adoring your blog and all of your creative projects! And your commitment to getting up to workout. I noticed you’re in to photography on top of everything else! I just started a business and am falling harder for it every day. You would be wonderful. Looking forward to reading more.

• Kelsey August 8, 2014

Aww, thank you!! I would LOVE to learn more about photography…when I have some free time to really commit to it! Hopefully soon.

Leave a Reply